Warrior Week 43 graduate, Franco Cabral, is Coach Sam’s special guest in this week’s episode of Warrior Week: Parables from the Pit. Franco’s fascinating story is one filled with twists and turns of the miraculous kind and is certain to ignite the fire of inspiration & change within you.
Parable #1: Painful Reality
- A graduate of Warrior Week 43, Franco was initially introduced to Warrior at the beginning of 2016 by a friend with whom he hadn’t connected for nine years. WarriorCon1 was the first event he attended and it was there that he discovered the painful reality of the facts of his life.
- It was during a special meditation that Franco was able to take a step back and look at where he really was in life, asking himself the questions: Is this what I really want? Do I really want to continue being ‘that’ guy? Would I share these facts with my daughter?
Do you really want to continue being ‘that’ guy, the man who runs from the facts of his life?
Parable #2: The Mirror
- After Franco’s wake-up call, he decided to go ‘all in’ with Warrior and began using the tools. Although he began seeing gains in his life and started feeling good about himself, the foundation he was creating was a foundation of lies.
- It was after the birth of his son a few months later that Franco had the realization that his infant son was a mirror for him; that he was the only one who truly saw him. Aware of the darkness that was gathering around him, Franco knew that his son and daughter deserved better.
Who and what do you see when you look in the mirror?
Parable #3: Maybe I’m Not Alone
- Although in great financial deficit, Franco reached out to Coach Sam and committed to Warrior Week, not knowing how the fuck he was going to pull it off financially. He was tired, and unbeknownst to him at the time, his marriage was headed down a dark path.
- During the two weeks Coach Sam had given Franco to put the money together for Warrior Week, Franco received a call out of the blue from a man with whom he had made an investment seven years before; an investment Franco had all but forgotten about. That afternoon, the man handed Franco a check for $19,500.
How has a path miraculously opened up for you that didn’t previously exist?
Parable #4: Turning Points
- The pivotal moment for Franco at Warrior Week came when he was face down in freezing cold water, his entire body was shivering, and the question was being asked of him, “What will happen if you do nothing?” Time stopped at that moment for Franco as the thought of another man raising his children entered his mind.
- Since that day, much has changed for Franco. His family life is unrecognizable, he recently re-proposed to his wife, his spirituality has been rekindled, he listens to the Voice who’s existence he used to question, he’s in the best shape of his life, he’s experiencing certainty & clarity, he is having powerful collisions, and he has rekindled his relationship with his father.
What has been a pivotal moment for you in your life? What happened? How has your life shifted because of it?
Parable #5: Impact
- In January of 2019, the man who handed the investment check to Franco showed up at his door, a broken man in a very dark place. Many months before that, he had asked a question of Franco to which he responded in complete honesty and unleashed exactly where he was in all areas of his life at the time.
- Franco listened and shared his pain; he held space for this man who had enabled Franco to enter Warrior Week. He chose for himself to go ‘all in’ and now Franco is a witness to this man’s journey and transformation, which “fills me in a way that’s indescribable.”
Who in your world have you shared space for? How did it feel?
Parables from the Pit:
“It is the structure of the CEO of the Universe to open the doors.”
“One thing I’ve learned at Warrior is that every time I truly have been ‘all in’ in my heart, God has helped me find the path.”